The Shrugs.app 1.0.1 bugfix update is available now. If Shrugs.app is installed already the update will be offered on a restart, or can be requested using the “Check for Update” menu item.
Alternatively the updated version can be retrieved from the download page.
What is new?
This is primarily a bugfix release. But it also expands the ways you can test Shrugs.app, to see whether you consider it worth your money prior buying a license.
It has been a common request to allow more than just the
for testing, and this is possible with 1.0.1.
The update gives access to the
plus 4 more conversations (channels, direct messages, groups) of your choice.
Once you’ve selected more than that, the other conversations will “gray out”.
The application now also shows a panel explaining the limitations and provides a link to the issue tracker in the application menu.
The macOS 10.14 issue where the app crashes when it is started outside of
/Applications, is not yet fixed.
- Properly stores file downloads (showed up as incorrect QuickLook’s, but was affecting other things as well).
- Images dropped on the timeline now support the markup editor and the display size is limited to the available width (have been added at full size before).
- Text pasted from elsewhere (e.g. Safari) didn’t get adjusted to the proper editor font.
- Workaround a WebView issue on macOS 10.14, with a “white” page showing up during authentication.
- Makes sure DMs are “opened” when clicked (attempt to fix issue with new DMs going away when the read marker is set)
- “Authenticatio!” (fix Harry Potter typo in the authentication panel)